2020-12-16, tr, 18:04 Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging rašė:
> Then I can you show some map style that do it differently and
> render all types of water areas in the same way (some
> render also labels in the same way, with exception
> for linear features)
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/54.3643/18.7150
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/54.3666/18.7138&layers=C
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/54.3666/18.7138&layers=T
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/54.3666/18.7138&layers=H

  Why is there no label for waterway polygon?
  What about maps made according to Cartographic conventions?
  You know, something on the lines of: https://map.geo.admin.ch Would
it be possible to make maps of such quality writing general queries
like natural=water?

  A lot of Cartographic papers are open. Look at those mentioning VGI
or OSM directly and check what cartographers very diplomatically say
about OSM maps/cartography (not data). Why is that? Could it be that
there is simply too much resistance to push something more advanced
into OSM?

>> Best system is to use codes, not names for keys/values, but that is a
>> totally different "saga".
> Feel free to propose this one.

  From my perspective there is a big problem with making complex
changes/decisions (requiring a lot of specific/thematic
knowledge/experience) as there is no way to value "votes" of people
with different experience differently. If it is not valued differently
then the result you get is an average. What is an average of 1, 1, 1,
2, 2, 50? Why would 50 want to be involved in something where result
will be 10 and you would have to fight for each action?