Hi,

It appears that route name are being applied to track/path names,

I believe this comes about due to signs that state the route names and point along the track/path that appear to the name of the track/path.

For example Way 228853104 https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/228853104#map=15/37.8558/-107.3617

Tagged as;

name     Continental Divide NST {NST being an abbreviation of National Scenic Trail}
name_1     Colorado Trail (Segment 22)

and part of relations;

    Relation Colorado Trail (3445384)
    Relation CDT ivc (8053592) {this is an abbreviation of Continental Divide Trail and part of a relation, that is part of a relation, that is part of Relation: Continental Divide National Scenic Trail (921198)!!!}

I think the 'names' should be removed from these 'unnamed' things ..the 'name' is the name of the route not the individual tracks/paths some of which existed before some routes were created.

Note I am not that familiar with the above 2 routes but am familiar with two near me .. and those routes are relatively recent compared to the tracks and paths they use.  I am useing those 2 routes as more people would be aware of them than the ones I know.