On Thu, 2023-02-02 at 04:31 +0100, Matija Nalis wrote:
> If the actual issue is that HGV cannot pass some road, why not simply
> mark it as `hgv=no`? Besides being simple, it has the additional
> advantage that routers will actually already use it and direct HGVs
> somewhere where they can actually pass.

Adding an access-tag like maxlength isn't the correct way to tackle
this, because:
a) there is no *legal* restriction that disallows a vehicle of a
certain length
b) it's not only about the length, but mostly about the turning radius
of trucks, which is not necessarily related to their length, especially
when they have more than 1 trailer.

But overall, I don't see how this is of special importance for a mini
roundabout with a traversable surface, it being very much identical to
a regular crossing when you are allowed to go over the inner circle.
Shouldn't the angle between the two roads the vehicle wants to pass be
the limiting factor in that case?

--
Mark aka Nadjita