On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 at 08:17, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Apr 2023 at 20:48, Greg Troxel <g...@lexort.com> wrote:
>
>>  (admin_level 4/6/8, normally).
>>

> Would it work to add the admin_level= to the road to say which level of
> Government owns it?
>
> Then I would think that a search should be able to say that this is an AL2
> highway in the country of Norway, so owned by the Norwegian Federal
> Government; while this intersection is of an AL4 primary & an AL8 tertiary
> road, therefore belonging to this "State" & this "City"?

I agree with using admin_level to tag which level of government
owns/operates/maintains it however you still need to sometimes specify
which entity it is, especially if the admin boundary runs down the middle
of the road (sometimes it shared, sometimes there is an agreement between
the two) and sometimes the operator will extend outside the boundary for
example through to a bridge or intersection by agreement between the two
parties.