Apr 19, 2023, 22:46 by elga...@agol.dk:

> Matija Nalis:
>
>> Hm, I do, but as it would be rather hard to prove (and such proof is not
>> paramount here), lets us just agree that it is how certain amount of
>> mappers use it (without trying to quantify it with subjective guesses).
>>

> I think it depend a lot from key to key.
>
>> I think that my point remains that:
>> - one method is clear and unambiguous ("fuel:lpg=no")
>> - one method is not clear / is ambiguous ("fuel=octane_98;diesel").
>>

> Yes, but only because we have no way of denoting that lpg is not being sold
> in the second format and that you knew that lpg was not being sold when
> tagging it.
>
> consider instead for example opening_hours.
>
> The wiki is not very clear about whether it is exhaustive. I.e., if you for a
> facility tag:
>
>  opening_hours=Mo-Fr 09:00-20:00
>
> is it open on weekends, or is it not specified?

For opening hours I would expect that at least normal operation is tagged
(it may be still closed during some general nationwide holidays but
this specific case I would expect to be closed on weekends and if
open on weekends then it would tagging mistake)

Similarly
opening_hours=Mo 09:00-20:00
means that it is open only on Mondays

> If I know that it is closed on weekends, I prefer to tag it:
>
>  opening_hours=09:00-20:00; Sa-Su off
>
> to avoid ambiguity.

Not sure does it help much.