On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 09:26:43 +0200
Florian Lohoff <f...@zz.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Management Summary:
> In navigation/routing the point the router is routing to is the
> nearest point on the routable network from the poi/address we like to
> navigate to. The nearest point may not be a location where the
> address/poi can be reached from.
> I suggest a navigational aid relation hinting the link between
> geocoding and router to use a different point on the routable network.

I agree that something should be done.
I am not sure that a relation is the solution.

Some of the issues could be handled better by the data consumers.
I.e., matching names of addresses and roads, routing to gates and
entrances in parks, routing to terminals in airports.

7 years ago I opened an issue for OsmAnd:
https://github.com/osmandapp/Osmand/issues/3210

But there has not been much improvement.

E.g., when routing from Tårnby to Copenhagen Airport, ORSM still routes
you away from the airport.  (at least what most people would consider
the airport)

https://www.openstreetmap.org/directions?engine=fossgis_osrm_car&route=55.6282%2C12.5998%3B55.6091%2C12.6510

ORSM will also make a route for e.g., Germany to France which makes
little sense.

On the other hand if you use OsmAnd to navigate to a tiny town, it will
insist that you pick a streetname and a house-number.