Node is, I think the best solution, but it also require some changes to
current editors: if you move a way, you didn't always look on each of the
moved nodes if there is a tag width=* . So editors could automatically
handle that by showing a warning like when you move a big number of points
or when you move an object outside of your view, saying "Hey ! You are
moving a tag with a width attribute, are you sure this attribute will be
still valid ?" or something like that...

This information could be crucial for [oversize load] (
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oversize_load) and it's really cool to see
some people interested in mapping this !

After all, I don't think that routing is going to happen immediately for
these types of transport, but it's by adding data that can be fed into
these calculators that they will appear.

Finally, an automatic tag can be added, such as width:min=* on the ways by
the editors, to give better accessibility to tools wishing to use this data.

What do you think?