From: Wim Bervoets [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 5:38 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: DBTags and Poolman

Hello,

I have a few questions about DBTags:

1) I open a connection and close a connection in each jsp that accesses the
database
I'm using the latest mysql JDBC driver.... is there connection pooling built
in in that driver or not ?

2) I have tried to use DBTags and Poolman together but it didn't work... Did
someone already do this and what were the results.

this is in my web.xml :

<context-param>
      <param-name>dbURL</param-name>
      <param-value>jdbc:poolman://dancevibes</param-value>
      <description>
        Which Database to access and where it is located
      </description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
      <param-name>mysqlDriver</param-name>
      <param-value>com.codestudio.sql.PoolMan</param-value>
      <description>
        JDBC Driver
      </description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
      <param-name>dbUserId</param-name>
      <param-value>mysql</param-value>
      <description>
        DB user id
      </description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
      <param-name>dbPassword</param-name>
      <param-value>mysql</param-value>
      <description>
        DB password
      </description>
    </context-param>

This in my jsp:

<sql:connection id="conn1">
  <sql:url initParameter="dbURL"/>
  <sql:driver initParameter="mysqlDriver"/>
  <sql:userId initParameter="dbUserId"/>
  <sql:password initParameter="dbPassword"/>
</sql:connection>

and this in the poolman.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<poolman>

  <management-mode>local</management-mode>

  <!-- ========================================================== -->
  <!-- These entries are an example of JDBC Connection pooling.   -->
  <!-- Many of the parameters are optional. Consult the           -->
  <!-- UsersGuide.html doument and the poolman.xml.template file  -->
  <!-- for guidance and element definitions.                      -->
  <!-- ========================================================== -->

  <datasource>

    <!-- ============================== -->
    <!-- Physical Connection Attributes -->
    <!-- ============================== -->

    <!-- Standard JDBC Driver info -->

    <dbname>dancevibes</dbname>
    <driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</driver>
    <url>jdbc:mysql://localhost/dancevibes</url>

    <username>mysql</username>
    <password>mysql</password>

    <minimumSize>0</minimumSize>
    <maximumSize>10</maximumSize>
    <connectionTimeout>600</connectionTimeout>
    <userTimeout>12</userTimeout>
    <shrinkBy>10</shrinkBy>

    <logFile>testdb.log</logFile>
    <debugging>true</debugging>

    <!-- Query Cache Attributes-->

    <cacheEnabled>true</cacheEnabled>
    <cacheSize>20</cacheSize>
    <cacheRefreshInterval>120</cacheRefreshInterval>

  </datasource>

  <!-- DISABLED FOR PRODUCTION
  <admin-agent>
    <class>com.sun.jdmk.comm.HtmlAdaptorServer</class>
    <name>Adaptor:name=html</name>
    <maxClients>10</maxClients>
    <port>8082</port>
  </admin-agent>