From: Shawn Bayern
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Sent: 2/11/2002 4:07 PM
Subject: Re: problem with <forEach>

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Milchman, Andrey wrote:

> Since Websphere 4.0 does not support expression-language I tried to
use JSTL
> <forEach> tag this way:
>
> <c:forEach var="vars" items="<%=varsMap%>">
> <%=((Map.Entry)pageContext.getAttribute("vars")).
> getKey()%>
<%=((Map.Entry)pageContext.getAttribute("vars")).getValue()%>
> </c:forEach>
>
> but I got java.lang.ClassCastException. I tried different ways to
access
> Map.Entry attribute but nothing works.
> Please send me some recommendations.
> Thank you in advance.

You'll need to use the 'rt' version of each JSTL taglib in order to use
rtexprvalues with the JSTL tags.  Keep in mind, however, that the
expression language in JSTL 1.0 is supported directly by the tag
handlers
themselves, not the container.  JSP 1.3 containers will likely support
an
expression language, but before that, the tag handlers do it.  Thus, you
should have no trouble using the current early-access release of JSTL
with
Websphere.

--
Shawn Bayern
Author, "JSP Standard Tag Library" (upcoming, Manning)