long before server pages or servlets existed i was
writing these C++ template based systems with CGI
so i could do my best to separate content generation from programming
logic...

i'm a consultant and this company made me lead on my first JSP/Servlet based
project,
i was really excited to get involved with JSP tag libraries.

but when i got into the code base IT'S ALL .jsp files with
TONS of Java scriptlets!  it's nasty.  if/else blocks several hundred lines
long.
the developer i took this over from
thinks there is no reason to do it any other way.  tags?  why use tags?

i am asking for input/references on why you want to keep the scriptlets <%>
</%>
out of the JSP files.  every time i try to make a point-- maybe
i'm just not being eloquent enough...

on another note: is it really model 2 if a JSP is processing the request?
i don't think it is, even if your entire JSP is just some java code
wrapped with a scriptlet tag..  (yuk).

thanks for input.
--Michael