From: Dave Newton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 3:58 PM
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: Re: Seeking Opinions

On Friday 15 March 2002 03:52 pm, Greg Bishop wrote:
> Isn't it just for toy websites, not J2EE application service provider
> backbones?

I've seen some pretty big-ish sites done w/ the "old" ColdFusion,
but it never scaled well. Development time was hard to beat, though. I never

much cared for it, but I'm a programmer, not a web person.

As people have pointed out, however, the "new" ColdFusion is just custom
tags
on top of an (any?) JSP/Servlet container, so that pretty much eliminates
that argument! I'll be curious to see how long it takes for someone to come
out with an opensource ColdFusion tagset (hint, hint).

> HTC files?

I must be a dork; what's an HTC file?

Dave

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

AVIS IMPORTANT:
-------------------------------
Les informations contenues dans le present document et ses pieces jointes sont
strictement confidentielles et reservees a l'usage de la (des) personne(s) a qui il
est adresse. Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire, soyez avise que toute divulgation,
distribution, copie, ou autre utilisation de ces informations est strictement
prohibee.  Si vous avez recu ce document par erreur, veuillez s'il vous plait
communiquer immediatement avec l'expediteur et detruire ce document sans en faire de
copie sous quelque forme.

WARNING:
The information contained in this document and attachments is confidential and
intended only for the person(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any other use
of the information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this document by
mistake, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this document and
attachments without making any copy of any kind.