Hi,

I believe the following would be possible:

<c:if test="${request.moo != null}">
   body content
</c:if>

The EL uses 'implicit' objects to access attributes
and parameters from various source objects.

pageContext --> access to the PageContext object
page        --> access to page scoped attributes
request     --> access to request scoped attributes
session     --> access to session scoped attributes
application --> access to application scoped attributes
param       --> access to the value of a single request parameter
params      --> access to all associated request parameter values
                associated with a particular name.

The EL is described in Chapter 3 and Appendix A of the current Public
Draft of the JSTL (JSR52) specification located here:

http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/review/jsr052/index.html

I highly recommend this as its a great resource.

-rl