Vernon:

> I just start to use the JSTL since the day before. It seems to me
> that the i18n messages have to be placed in a subclass of the
> ListResourceBundle. The messages are stored in a two dimension
> string array. And it can't be constructed in the object initiation
> time (since it is in a static final data type). I prefer to store
> the i18n messages in a porperty file. Is anyone out there who has
> used the i18n portion JSTL with a property file? If so, please share
> your experience.

JSTL leverages java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle() to locate
a resource bundle, which means that your localized messages may be
stored in any subclass of java.util.ResourceBundle.

The JDK provides these two subclasses:
java.util.ListResourceBundle and java.util.PropertyResourceBundle.
The latter allows you to store your key/value pairs in a properties
file.

If neither of these fit your needs, you may provide your own
ResourceBundle subclass, which must override the handleGetObject() and
getKeys() methods.

Jan