On Wednesday 03 September 2003 11:00 am, Adam Hardy wrote:

>  From the LoopTag I could obtain the LoopTagStatus object via the
> getLoopStatus() method.

Yes, that would solve your problem too. It would even be a more elegant
solution for the problem.

> It seems that implementing EL will be a breeze if you can use JSP 2.0,

Yes, JSP 2.0 will make it much easier.

> but I have no idea whether that is released yet, or even which version
> I'm on at the moment. How does one tell?

Its final specification is almost done and you can follow its status on this
page:

http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=152

> I'm unsure what is going to happen. At the moment, J2EE 1.4 is in beta.

>From my experience, it will take a while until J2EE 1.4 is widely used. Even
when the final version is launched, it will take some time for the companies
to use it (take as example J2EE 1.4, which is still not used as much as it
should). Of course, if you are an early adopter, that won't be a problem :-)

> I can see that it includes javax.servlet.jsp.el package, but it doesn't
> have javax.servlet.jsp.jstl. Do you know. or anyone for that matter,
> what the situation is? Does J2EE 1.4 include JSP2.0? Is JSTL part of
> JSP2.0?

J2EE 1.4 will include JSP 2.0. I think it will include JSTL 1.1 too, but I'm
not sure if that's "official". Anyway, JSTL itself is not part of JSP 2.0,
but JSTL 1.1 will depend on JSP 2.0 (in fact, the main reason for the 1.1
release is integration with JSP 2.0 EL)

Felipe