On Wednesday 03 September 2003 02:44 pm, Chen, Gin wrote:

> Why should JSTL be included in JSEE1.4? Maybe I'm misunderstanding here but
> I think of JSTL as this set of taglibs that I use.

It's a set of taglibs. But as the name implies, it's the standard taglibs. So
I think it would make sense to be part of J2EE or JSP.

> How silly to have it included with JSEE 1.4. Wouldnt that mean that if a
> new development occurs within JSTL taglibs that it would have to wait for
> J2EE 1.4's next release to get to us?

Not necessarily. The way I see it, J2EE  would only specify which version of
JSTL (like JSTL 1.1 on J2EE 1.4) should be bundled with a J2EE compliant
server. In other words, it would guarantee that if you deploy an aplication
on J2EE 1.4, at least JSTL 1.1 will be there (you could eventually deploy
your application with a newer version of JSTL).

FElipe