On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:05:58 +0100, luca <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hallo everyone again, I maintain and develop a tag-library (WALL)
>
> Among other things I have a tag called a (<wall:a href="url">).
>
> Someone told me that they would like to use WALL with struts,
> but they have no easy way to invoke actions
> (<wall:a action="/logon">).
>
> Unfortunately, I have no idea about how to go about doing this
> kind of integrations (also, I don't really know if I want to do it.
> It depends on how tightly I would need to couple my lib with struts).
>
> I imagine that I need to ask some Struts class to return a URL,
> given an action name. Am I right? anyone who has pointers to where I can look?
>
> For good measure I just downloaded the struts source code...

That's a good start. Depending on what you are trying to accomplish,
you might want to look at how the Struts-EL tags are built, as an
example of how to extend the existing Struts tags.

Questions about Struts, and the Struts taglibs, though, are much
better asked on the Struts mailing lists than here. They really don't
have any relation to the Jakarta Taglibs project.

--
Martin Cooper