On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Darrin Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:30:50 +1030
>
> Darrin Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:33:26 +1100
> >
> > Liz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > But it could be me.
> > > I removed two last night traced from yahoo and because I had just
> > > been there and converted to "survey" the streets I noted that they
> > > were mini_roundabouts.
> >
> > But why remove the data ? The Australian mini-roundabout definition
> > is a convenience, if someone has gone the distance and put the
> > roundabout why REMOVE it, that's what I don't understand?
>
> Further to this compare the 2 roundabouts in the centre of this picture:
> (I use Google maps because the zoom level is better).
>
> http://maps.google.com.au/?ie=UTF8&ll=-34.861743,138.645389&spn=0.000793,0.
>001655&t=k&z=20
>
> The left roundabout matches very closely the global definition of a
> mini_roundabout, in fact I can tell you from seeing it, the 'island' is
> a flat piece of concrete so you can drive straight over it if you
> wanted too :) (The tyre tracks get a lot closer to the 'island' too if
> you look closely).
>
> Whereas the right one similar to the ones in question, and you can't
> drive over it, in fact unless you're on two wheels you have little
> option but to slow down for it. And the tyre tracks have a noticable
> gap between them and the island, because it's raised. I really honestly
> don't see how you guys can consider them the same whilst if the right
> one was about 33% bigger it'd suddenly not be a 'mini' roundabout.

Darrin, perhaps you might just make it clear exactly which roundabouts who has
altered and where they are.
I noted those two in Medindie, where as I saw it, I changed from a lesser
quality of data (aerial imagery) to survey. I drove them at night and I can't
tell exactly how large they were but they resembled traffic calming blips in
the road to this rural motorist let loose in the city.
They aren't the ones you nominate above, and I'm unable to view google imagery
in my browser collection (Konqueror and Firefox, complied for 64bit).

If I have altered your work, I apologise.

0