2009/10/20 swanilli <swani...@gmail.com>:
> True, but it is probably just a technicality, in that it is the same
> property owner on both sides of the road, with a strip of public land (the
> road) down the middle. You just can't tell because there are no fences.
> (Actually, this is where Google maps can be useful in Australia because they
> do show propperty boundaries, though not always reliably.)

I just looked at a bit of road that goes through private property here
and that seems to be the case, there is a void between properties
either side of the road.

> The same thing applies to railway lines that go through people's properties.
> The railways call them "rail corridors" and these days treat them very much
> as private land.

Railyway corridores appear as "owned" land on the Qld property
boundary data... Which makes it easy to distingush the roads from
railways :)