2009/11/13 John Henderson <snow...@gmx.com>:
> Let's say I add a road, upload the data, and then quickly go back and
> reclassify it.  A week later, I will download
> http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/australia-oceania.osm.bz2 and mkgmap it
> into a routable Garmin map.  Often that road simply doesn't appear on
> the Garmin, and won't appear for many more weekly downloads.

Does the problem happen with rendering or only when you build
something from the geofabrik files?

Until recently there wasn't a perfect replication method that didn't
miss changes, I'm not sure if geofabrik have switched so what might be
happening is they pull down the whole planet file every couple of
weeks to catch up on missed changes.