CommonMap fosm, and perhaps wikimapia in the future, and anyone who
likes to use the great josm software.
... I'm using it to convert .osm to .gpx and .osm to .img

After using shp-to-osm.jar, i use JOSM to work with the data

... I should be able to trace what i like, and create what i want ...
never touching the osm-api.

Incase JOSM developers do decide to block 'outside world users'
qgis.org does exist, and it's a powerfull tool... So all is not lost.

It's a good think that potlatch2 doesn't restrict APIs :)

cheers,
Sam

On 1/30/11, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31 January 2011 02:26, Richard Weait <rich...@weait.com> wrote:
>> You aren't addressing the core question.  "Given that the new imagery
>> plugin has made it much simpler to accidentally infringe, is a URL
>> blacklist a suitable way to raise that barrier closer to where it was
>> a few weeks ago?"
>
> However David's point, and Anthony and mine and Dirks where, why
> should JOSM only support things that are applicable to OSM-F?
>
> Perhaps some other community out there doesn't care about Google's
> terms and conditions, why should it come down to baby sitting people?

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blogs: http://acrosscanadatrails.posterous.com/
http://Acrosscanadatrails.blogspot.com
Skype: samvekemans
IRC: irc://irc.oftc.net #osm-ca Canadian OSM channel (an open chat room)
@Acrosscanadatrails