Hi Marcus

Unfortunately OSM has recently forced a change to it's licence agreement to
a version where attribution is not required on any copies that are made of
OSM data,
probably to appease Microsoft and Bing maps who will then be free to charge
for these maps, with no attribution at all.
Anybody who has used "nearmap" or Government data sources for their mapping
therefore cannot agree to the new terms, and all of their data is going to
be removed on 1st April 2011.

As you can imagine there are a lot of upset mappers, and there are
alternative sites being set up where the original licence and data will be
retained.
There are a number of sites doing this including;
http://fosm.org

Creating a new "Layer" for your data would be a good move from the point of
view of mappers, who could not change this data either deliberately or
accidentally, and it would therefore be more reliable.

Unfortunately these changes are recent and the alternative sites are still a
work in progress, and not yet ready to adapt to new requirements.

Having said that, go to http://fosm.org/p2/potlatchFosm.xml, and look at the
"Background" drop down menu.
It includes a number of options for background layers from a variety of
sources.
Also try http://www.openstreetmap.org, open up the "edit" tab, and select
the checkbox option in the bottom left hand corner of the potlatch window,
which then shows background layer options.
I think all other editors also have these background options, and there are
a number of editors out there.

I would suggest to you that you make your data available in a format that is
compatible with these other background sources, and host the actual data on
your own servers.
This would also have the advantage that your data will always be up to the
minute if and when changes are made.

It would then not take much for the mapping applications to import your data
as a layer, and you would not need to chase up the different mapping sites
and get them to include your data.

It would also be a relativity small step to host your own map viewer, which
could include your data as a layer as well as the option of google maps,
bing maps, open street map, fosm or whatever as a reference to where the
boundary's are relative to roads and creeks or coastlines.

I do not know what the API's are, or even where to find them, but the
nearmap "http://www.nearmap.com/"; people are active and if they cannot help
you then I am sure they can point you in the right direction.

Andrew.