On 12 March 2011 12:10, Mark Pulley <mrpul...@lizzy.com.au> wrote:
> As no-one has answered this question yet, I thought I'd better re-ask the
> question, as it will determine whether I can agree to the new terms or not.
> On 23/02/2011, at 4:27 PM, Mark Pulley wrote:
>
> Quoting Andrew Laughton <laughton.and...@gmail.com>:
>
> Anybody who has used "nearmap" or Government data sources for their mapping
>
> therefore cannot agree to the new terms, and all of their data is going to
>
> be removed on 1st April 2011.
>
> Presumably most of the current ABS data will disappear automatically (as a
> special user account was set up for the original uploading) but what happens
> if any of these ways are split? For example, if I split a way because part
> of the way follows a river, the new way will be counted as being created by
> myself, so if I agree to the terms, would I then need to delete them
> separately? (or go through all my edits to allow only some of them to be
> accepted?) Or am I prevented from agreeing to the new terms because I have
> split ABS ways?

Sorry, I have not been following closely...
Seems the ABS data is CC-BY 2.5 licensed. Mike of Licensing Working
Group been doing some leg work with regard to the licensing of AU Gov
imported data. Worth noting ODbL is an attribution license and there
has been progress on firming our attribution of sources eg:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright
I'll ask Mike for a progress update.

1) No data is being removed 1st April 2011. If a dataset cannot be
re-licensed after all avenues and communication have been exhausted it
would be 'removed' likely the earliest near the end of the year.
2) Split ways retains the underlying nodes. If the nodes were not
available the new split way would not be retained. Data is
rolled-upward. Additional in-depth work is still required here once
the scope is better understood. Jim Brown was working on some of this
see: http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2010-August/020124.html
3) No, you are not prevented unless your account was used for the import itself.

Regards
 Grant