On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Alex (Maxious) Sadleir
<maxi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 12:10 AM, Grant Slater
> <openstreet...@firefishy.com> wrote:
>> The Licensing Working Group has obtained explicit special permission
>> to incorporate geographic datasets from data.gov.au in the
>> OpenStreetMap project database published under any free and open
>> license, including ODbL
> That is a huge relief! Not quite sure how it works (data.gov.au covers
> a lot of different jurasdictions and departments - seemed like an
> impossible task to ask each one to relicence) but if LWG is happy for
> that data to stay, that's good enough for me!

Yes, it is good of the Australian government to allow use of their
data as a source for OSM.  Thank you, Australian government.

There is still the issue of import accounts continuing to decline,
even though the data is unencumbered.  I couldn't possibly comment on
why a particular user might continue to decline CT/ODbL with their
import account for a particular data set, when that dataset is
suitable and permitted for inclusion under CT/ODbL.