I've just sent an enquiry to the AGIMO asking if this is true because
the LWG has given no proof.

Just like others I would like to know if the AGIMO has the authority
to do a blanket license grant on other agencies data, or if they have
actually received this special permission from each agency who's data
is on data.gov.au.

Thirdly if this is true, then I feel this is shockingly poor behaviour
of the AGIMO. To grant special permissions exclusively to one party,
which is made even worse when done behind closed doors... I would very
much welcome less restrictive licensing of government owned data, but
to give special privilege to OSM but no one else isn't very good
behaviour of a Government in my humble opinion.