Okay seriously guys, no matter how much you hate LWG/OSMF, don't take
this out on AGIMO or the state governments.
Grant's opening post to this thread has been circulated widely by
AGIMO staff today, it's not a hoax and obviously by announcing it
publicly, not behind closed doors!

Under the new IP policy, anybody can write to any federal agency and
ask politely for another **open** licence:

"11.(b) Consistent with the need for free and open re-use and
adaptation, public sector information should be licensed by agencies
under the Creative Commons BY standard as the default.

An agency’s starting position when determining how to license its
public sector information should be to consider Creative Commons
licences (http://creativecommons.org.au/) or other open content
licences.

Agencies should license their public sector information under a
Creative Commons licence or other open content licence following a
process of due diligence and on a case-by-case basis."