Hi.

I agree with Ian. Some of this comes down to a question of "What is a cycle
route? "

Most of the ones I have mapped (and there are quite a few in Sydney) are
laid out by local government. I generally look for some evidence on the
ground before I add lcn, and I often look at council maps to know where to
start looking.

With no evidence on the ground (signs, road markings, shared paths etc) I
generally don't mark it as a route, even if some other map says it is. I
considered if routes that appear on council maps, but with no
infrastructure or signage are "proposed", but mostly I don't mark these at
all.

For councils that don't have their own well developed network of routes, I
agree that sometimes you need to do some interpretation. I would not mark a
street as lcn simply because it might be a good way to ride though.

  - Ben.