Hi John,

I really like this, but I think your "source:maxspeed=AU:urban" below is a
typo. It would be simply

maxspeed=AU:urban

Does anyone else have thoughts on this? Could this be our default (site-unseen)
for residential streets - or is this an across-the-board solution and we
combine it with a source:maxspeed tag of some form to determine whether
site-unseen or surveyed.

John - as for the Wiki, I agree with you, a lot of Aussie stuff needs to be in
the Wiki, and following global standards if they exist. A lot of useful stuff
gets discussed in here, but I believe the bulk of contributors do not subscribe
to talk-au. They probably don't know or care about list. They use JOSM /
Potlatch presets as an editing guide - failing that, they fall back on the Wiki
and the Help Centre for clarification.

I see a useful role for talk-au to be a melting pot for ideas and local
policies that should be disseminated via the Australian sections of the
Wiki.... but, who has the time and motivation to take on this task is another
matter!!!

BJ

Sent from my iPad