Can we have something simplier, like map.lpi.nsw.gov.au or
imagery.lpi.nsw.gov.au? If people want to import the vector data then we'd have
to tag that differently (and go through the import process).

The date is a bit of a problem as it's going to be any date after now. If you
tag your changeset then it would be reasonable to assume that the date that you
accessed the data would be the same. You could also assume that the date that a
source tag appeared would also correspond but you then have the on-going
maintenance problem as pointed out by Warin.