Gary

I understand your concerns about security, but we already map banks,
jewellers, Doctor's surgeries, schools & all manner of sporting clubs,
including gun clubs, most / all of which could be considered to be an
equal, or greater, security risk :-(

I don't think adding it on to the suburb or town tag would work either,
because your travellers would then have to check every tag to see if
there's a club listed.

One possibility may be tagging the club, but offsetting it's location eg
out in the middle of the local School oval, but that would then create
future problems of other mappers seeing the tag in the wrong spot & either
re-locating it to it's proper location, or deleting it altogether.

Sorry, but don't think this one will be an easy fix to do using OSM.

Good luck with it!

Thanks

Graeme