On 07/10/18 11:22, cleary wrote:

In regard to admin boundaries sharing the coastline, I think that would also be
incorrect but I am less confident of my view on this.

I did update some administrative boundaries in South Australia using the SA
Government Data and those boundaries did not coincide with the coastline (see
the coastline around Streaky Bay, Ceduna, Fowlers Bay and near the Nullarbor).
The coastline in OSM needs a lot of work - I have looked at parts of WA and SA
but found it very difficult to use the satellite imagery correctly to refine
the map of the coastline in areas where there are extensive mudflats or large
tidal flows and even rocky areas just under/above the waterline. But I suggest
it is safest, and more accurate, to map the administrative boundaries and the
coastline separately.

Might be good to look at Broome for hi/low tide .. there is a fair distance
between the two there so it would be easy to pick in that location.