On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 6:29 PM Andrew Harvey <andrew.harv...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm in favour of first manually removing the
> state borders so we don't dump more nodes on top and then post-upload
> we can just join the new relations to the existing state borders where
> they meet.

I can see your point about not wanting to upload ways and nodes that just
going to be deleted immediately after. However if we don't then it's going
to make my idea for QA harder. I'd assumed that we'd be uploading valid
multi-polygons which means that we could use Overpass and the JOSM
validator for QA. I guess we might be able to come up with another approach
but I'm not sure it's worth the effort just to avoid adding and removing a
few tens of thousands of nodes in comparison to the size of the import.