On 06/10/18 20:52, cleary wrote:
In regard to administrative boundaries being attached to other features such as
waterways and roads, I think it is a trade-off between accuracy and convenience.

+1.

If the admin boundaries use other features as there boundaries then it is the
other feature that takes priority in accuracy over that of the boundary.

The tags on the way will have those of the other feature, possibly including
the source of that other feature.

If the admin boundary is moved because the other feature is changed then so be
it.
I have come across a few admin boundaries that are attached to things .. and
from now on I'll move them to match the other feature, if that is a problem for
you then make the admin boundary separate. I for one am tired of separating
them.