24 Jun 2019, 17:41 by matkoni...@tutanota.com:

> 24 Jun 2019, 10:19 by o...@97k.com:
>
>> After reflection, I think the Gwydir River does not really exist west of the
>> wetlands and I think it should be deleted from OSM, even though it is shown
>> on the LPI Base Map. I propose to delete this section of the river and
>> follow the local council signposted name for the more westerly waterway that
>> does actually exist at Morialta and Watercourse Roads.
>>
>> I would appreciate any views on this issue.
>>
> Given that other may be confused in exactly the same way and thing that look
> like a river is visible on
> aerial image I would consider keeping line with not explaining situation (and
> maybe link
> to this mailing list thread - >
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/2019-June/012740.html
> <https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/2019-June/012740.html>>  )

ops. "with not explaining" -> "with note tag explaining"

So for example I would change

"waterway=river" to "source:note=survey note="the river is not existing, see
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/2019-June/012740.html
<https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/2019-June/012740.html> for
more detail"

---

Though, there are some places where water flows only some times during the year
and object
is considered to be intermittent stream/river.

How often water flows there? Is riverbed treated as riverbed (no constructions,
fords/bridges) etc?
Are locals referring to it as river/former river/not aware that it was a river?

Is "Gwydir River" still used as location recognizable by people?