Herbert,
    Can we slow down a little and finalise one of these items and then move
on to the next please. We don't get much feedback from you after a number
of us have offered suggestions. There are no "thanks", no, "If you look at
this relation/way then this appears different".

    I would be only too happy to discuss offline some of your issues in a
Skype or email or any other method you wish. I, along with others would
like to know what the end game is. Are you doing a paper on OSM or are you
a committed editor or new to OSM. A lot of your questions could be answered
by Google or via the vast amount of information in the Wiki.

  I look forward to hearing from you off the list.

Ewen

On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 at 09:23, Herbert.Remi via Talk-au <
talk-au@openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> # Discussion H: public transport – the end game
>
> Bus routes (relations) were changed in the ACT in 2019 with the
> introduction of Civic to Gungahlin light rail, effective 29 April 2019. The
> bus network in Canberra changed from a mesh network (bumble buses) to a
> “hub and spoke” system, the “Rapid” bus network. Now, fast buses connect
> town centres and you change for local connections. This was a radical
> change with many bus routes being abolished and news one established. The
> new “spoke” routes are name R1, R2, … to R10. The route R1 is not a bus
> route at all but the Civic to Gungahlin light rail.
>
> Summary of changes required to OSM relations:
> - Many routes deleted
> - New routes added
> - Nomenclature of all routes changed.
>
> Resources
> 1. A detailed, folded poster map that shows all the new routes. I am aware
> this is almost useless for the online community. Locals can get a copy for
> free.
> *Canberra Transport Guide: your guide to Canberra’s bus and light rail
> network*, Transport Canberra, 2019.
> 2. A DINA4 overview map of the Rapid bus network can be found on the ACT
> Government website for a map.
> https://www.transport.act.gov.au/getting-around/timetables/routes-by-number
> 3. The Transport Canberra website has a wealth of information about the
> bus network in general.
> https://www.transport.act.gov.au/
>

> QUESTION
> An audit and possible correction of all bus routes are required, similar
> to the audit of all bike routes (discussion G). Some routes may have been
> changed already and others are forgotten.
> **How to do this?**
> I am hoping that somebody may have experience with this sort of problem in
> other cities.
>
> I welcome your comments.
> keywords: Australia, ACT, bus network, ACT Government, TCCS, light rail,
> relation, public transport

Warm Regards

Ewen Hill
Internet Development Australia