On 6/2/20 3:21 pm, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

On Thu, 6 Feb 2020 at 13:14, Andrew Harvey <andrew.harv...@gmail.com <mailto:andrew.harv...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Fair point, I didn't find it since it's not documented
    https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/damage#wiki. The two tags
    can coexist so I don't see a problem with using damage as a quick
    and easy method for new contributors.

As long as it's actually observable on imagery, which will always be a problem :-(

& how experienced are the people doing the mapping? I've seen it mentioned in the past that HOT mapping was being done by classes of high school / Uni students who were given a basic "Intro to OSM", then told "Get to it & map".

BTW Phil - very interesting article, thanks!

I'd bet that the information is never updated. Once HOT has finished do they ever do a tidy up?

Should all damaged tags be deleted? There is over 100,000 of them.