From: Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, 4 September 2020 12:51 PM
To: OSM-Au <talk-au@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: [talk-au] Are Health Centres, hospitals

Over the last few days, I've spotted a few places marked as hospitals that
aren't.

Locally, there were two Aged Care homes, then as I looked around further, I
spotted another Aged Care home, an Ambulance station in a small country town &
an SES station!

The Ambo station I could almost relate to, as that's where you go for any
medical emergency, but none of the others. Incidentally, there is hopefully
some progress on them being rendered?
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/3968

I did an Overpass search for Qld & found ~2100 "hospitals", which seems like a
lot?  https://overpass-turbo.eu/#<https://overpass-turbo.eu/> (Don't know if
that works or not?), & checking at random, found more Ambo's, Doctor's
surgeries & so on also marked.

I did notice, though, a few of these:
https://www.health.qld.gov.au/services/northwest/nwest_burket_hc

Personally, I would call that a Medical Centre, not a Hospital?, while this
https://www.health.qld.gov.au/cq/hospitals/blackwater/services with A&E &
inpatients is a Hospital.

What do you all think?

Thanks