As an example, this path is called "The Ruins Track" by the author of
the guide, as it passes the ruins of an old settlers cottage:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/855355616

This part of the track is called "Racklyefts Finger Track":
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/856270065

Due to the existence of the guide, and the lack of signs on the ground,
I imagine that most people use the names in the guide, or no name at
all. However, I do not belong to a local walking group, so I don't know
if there are other conventions.

However, the author of the guide has walked all the tracks himself, and
created and maintains some of them.