On Sat, 24 Oct 2020 at 11:17, Greg Lauer <gregory.la...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The real world example for me is riding in the local forest in SE QLD and
> seeing other riders blindly following MapsMe on tracks that are closed (and
> tagged as such but not visible on the map).
>
> I am not suggesting a 'tagging to render' regime but just tagging a trail
> as closed is not having the effect we think it does. Short of adding an
> attribution to the trail name I am not sure how we resolve? Example xyz
> trail [Closed]

Just thinking about this.

One problem there, could be that people's mapping app's aren't up to date?

eg I use OSMand, which only updates ~monthly, & I may then only download a
new copy of the updated map 2 - 3 times a year, so those, now closed,
tracks could well still be shown as open & valid. Mind you, having said
that, they are then probably riding around a sign saying Track Closed, &
there's not much we can do about that!

Maybe they need more "Ignore Your GPS" signs! :-)
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-27.9748643,153.164579,3a,15y,328.13h,87.25t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjUXRGta4I6LJZu9rtBDXvQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Thanks

Graeme