From: Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 26 January 2022 2:48 PM
To: OSM-Au <talk-au@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: [talk-au] OSM Notes

Changing subject from tracks for a minute :-), I was reading the weekly
Newsletter yesterday & spotted this article
https://www-openstreetmap-org.translate.goog/user/AngocA/diary/398423?_x_tr_sl=auto

<https://www-openstreetmap-org.translate.goog/user/AngocA/diary/398423?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=EN&_x_tr_hl=en-GB>
 &_x_tr_tl=EN&_x_tr_hl=en-GB, concerning clearing up all the outstanding OSM
Notes in Colombia.

Strangely enough, I've been working on clearing them around the GC over the
last several days, & thought, good on 'em, why don't we do the same?

According to Pascal, there are currently ~4500 open Notes across Australia, but
the creation of new ones seems to be smashing the pace at which they're
resolved:

https://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-notes-country?c=Australia

Looking at open notes only:

https://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-notes-country-custom?c=Australia
<https://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-notes-country-custom?c=Australia&query=open>
 &query=open

they go all the way back to 2013! Just glancing at them though, most of them
could probably just be closed, as the "problem" is already mapped, there's not
enough detail / info to resolve it & so on?

So, what do we all think?

As I said, I've cleared almost all of the GC, except for a few that need
further work / survey. How would we like to do things - work on our own local
areas / go through the list from old > new or vice versa / pick random items?

Thanks

Graeme