On Wed, Mar 2, 2022 at 4:09 PM Stéphane Guillou via Talk-au
<talk-au@openstreetmap.org> wrote:

>> Nevertheless, I want to say that I really appreciate the time that was
>> invested in the recent note-closing work. It's great to see so many small
>> improvements happening all around the map, and the activity on the notes
>> themselves might bring new contributors in, or even just motivate them to
>> open new notes.

There have been some gems in there but it is like mining for diamonds
you've got to sort through a lot of ore to find them. Particularly
interesting has been WA where entire mine sites or other industry has
just appeared (and you can switch back and forward between image
supplies and see before and after).

The listings from onosm.org have been a little sad as a not small
fraction of them are for businesses that have gone bust in the time
between posting and getting around to mapping them. So many of them
are annoying because you quickly realise that when you go and try to
verify their street addresses you know they're not going to tell you.

I also am a bit ambivalent about adding businesses because you realise
after a while that for every add note there is a note about a business
that has gone. I've been trying to add a website or social media link
to each one I add so that at least there is the hope that when they go
out of business their links will go dead and get flagged by KeepRight.