From: Andrew Harvey <andrew.harv...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, 24 January 2022 10:54 PM
To: talk OSM Australian List <Talk-au@openstreetmap.org>
Cc: Tony Forster <fors...@ozonline.com.au>; nwastra nwastra <nwas...@gmail.com>; Phil Wyatt <p...@wyatt-family.com>
Subject: Re: [talk-au] Deletion of walking tracks/paths

On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 at 17:26, Phil Wyatt <p...@wyatt-family.com <mailto:p...@wyatt-family.com> > wrote:

Hi Folks,

I agree that a good discussion is useful but at the same time the OSM
community needs to understand what a hassle it can be to have these tracks
in OSM and having no, or little, control on how any other app/web interface
may show them.

I actually favour deletion as well but understand that is not the 'OSM way
of doing things'. A full discussion may help the agency, and OSM
contributors understand the issues on both sides.

I also think it would be useful for others to join in the US trails group so
that a more international perspective can be applied to this issue. The
situation can be very different across countries (especially legally).

Inspired by the US trails group work, I thought maybe we can attempt something localised for Australia.

I started sketching something out at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australia/Walking_Tracks. If anyone thinks this is a good idea, please feel free to contribute to that page.

This mail has been virus scanned by Australia On Line
see http://www.australiaonline.net.au/mailscanning