In my area there are walks which are:

1. In a published local guide
2. Practically invisible on the ground, except for bits of red tape hanging
from tree branches every 50-100 metres!
3. Definitely unofficial

I've traced them from my personal GPX recordings, and named them according to
the name in the guide (with permission from the author of the guide).

Is this good practice? Or bad practice?

Regards,
David Wales