Thanks

Graeme

On Mon, 31 Jan 2022 at 13:20, Andrew Harvey <andrew.harv...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2. Does the AWTGS system apply more to routes than way segments? For
> example a longer route loop might have a higher grade than a shorter loop
> even if they overlap for parts. Would you then only apply AWTGS on a
> route=hiking relation, or do you also tag on each way but only set the
> higher grade to the parts of the walk which go beyond the easier shorter
> sections (based on the example)?

Threads have crossed :-(, but as per their instructions that I mentioned in
the other post, the track overall is tagged to the highest classification,
so per the example they give:

Example: Wineglass Bay, Tasmania
The technical assessment of the Wineglass Bay Lookout Walk is then
translated into plain English. NOTE: Time
is the land manager’s best estimate of the amount of time a person of
average fitness, walking in good
conditions, will take to complete the walk. Time does not describe
difficulty. Because this is a Grade 3 walk
a high/low estimate is not required

Grade 1   Grade 2  Grade 3 Grade 4 Grade 5
Symbol
Distance Distance to Distance to Distance to Distance to Distance to
complete walk
is 2.4km.
complete walk.
xx km
complete walk.
xx km
complete walk.
xx km
complete walk.
xx km
Gradient Flat. Gentle hills. Short steep hills. Very steep. Very steep
and difficult.
Quality
of path
Well formed
track.
Formed track. Formed track,
some obstacles.
Rough track,
many obstacles.
Rough unformed
track.
Quality of
markings
Clearly sign
posted.
Clearly sign
posted.
Sign posted. Limited signage. No directional
signage.
Experience
Required
No experience
required.
No experience
required.
Some
bushwalking
experience
recommended.
Experienced
Bushwalkers.
Very experienced
bushwalkers.
Time High and low
estimate of
time needed to
complete track
(eg 1.5-2hrs).
High and low
estimate of
time needed to
complete track
(eg 1.5-2hrs).
Time needed to
complete track
(hours/days)
1.5hrs.
Time needed to
complete track
(hours/days).
Time needed to
complete track
(hours/days).
Steps No steps. Occasional steps. Many steps. N