On Mon, 31 Jan 2022 at 13:28, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Threads have crossed :-(, but as per their instructions that I mentioned
> in the other post, the track overall is tagged to the highest
> classification, so per the example they give:
>
> Example: Wineglass Bay, Tasmania
> The technical assessment of the Wineglass Bay Lookout Walk is then
> translated into plain English. NOTE: Time
> is the land manager’s best estimate of the amount of time a person of
> average fitness, walking in good
> conditions, will take to complete the walk. Time does not describe
> difficulty. Because this is a Grade 3 walk
> a high/low estimate is not required

In this example the technical assessment of the components distance,
quality of path, quality of markings and experience required are all Grade
1 or 2. The gradient and steps are Grade 3. Therefore, as the Wineglass Bay
Lookout Walk has one or more Grade 3 components the Tasmanian Parks and
Wildlife Service have graded the walk at Grade 3.

Grade 1:

Distance

Distance to complete walk is 2.4km.

Quality of markings

Clearly sign posted.

Experience requires

No experience required.

Grade 2:

Quality of path

Formed track.

Grade 3:

Gradient

Short steep hills.

Time

Time needed to complete track (hours/days) 1.5hrs.

Steps

Many steps.

*Wineglass Bay Lookout walk could be described to the public as:*

*Wineglass Bay Lookout Walk. Grade 3.*

Symbol

*Distance:*

2.4km