Thanks Thorsten,

So reading from that chart and in regard to my query about 'tracks that are
exclusively for foot traffic' you would say it can ONLY be a footway?

Cheers - Phil

From: osm.talk...@thorsten.engler.id.au <osm.talk...@thorsten.engler.id.au>
Sent: Wednesday, 2 February 2022 5:51 PM
To: 'OSM-Au' <talk-au@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [talk-au] Path versus Footway

As far as I'm concerned, footway, cycleway, path(, and bridleway) are all
essentially the same thing, a non-motor_vehicle path, just with different
implied default access restrictions.

We should probably have a discussion about how appropriate the ones listed
here are:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_tags_for_routing/Access_restrictions
#Australia