That table is just the suggested defaults.

We actually have default values specified on the state boundaries currently I
think using the format specified here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Defaults I think.

Any use of explicit access tags will override defaults.

There isn’t really a fully accepted way used by all data consumers to specify
defaults in OSM currently.

So at the end, it really comes down to whatever defaults any particular data
consumer applies.

As long as you explicitly tag access, any type of path, foot/cycle/bridle-way
can be made to reflect whatever you want.