From: Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 2 February 2022 17:29
To: osm.talk...@thorsten.engler.id.au
Cc: OSM-Au <talk-au@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [talk-au] Path versus Footway

On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 at 16:54, <osm.talk...@thorsten.engler.id.au
<mailto:osm.talk...@thorsten.engler.id.au> > wrote:

As far as I’m concerned, footway, cycleway, path(, and bridleway) are all
essentially the same thing, a non-motor_vehicle path, just with different
implied default access restrictions.

We should probably have a discussion about how appropriate the ones listed here
are:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_tags_for_routing/Access_restrictions#Australia

Yep!

How do we handle this: https://goo.gl/maps/x39C4ky1w6S7XoLUA when motorway says
bicycle=no?

& similarly, you can't (at least in iD) add bike lanes to trunk roads.

Thanks

Graeme