Thanks, fellas! It's not an utterly stupid idea then!

On Wed, 9 Feb 2022 at 14:46, Brendan Barnes <brenbar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If a road has definitive closure dates we might be able to utilise
> opening_hours. I tried to start something similar on Victorian Alps
> seasonal road closures, for example
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/105842220. However these closures are
> usually described something like "closed to vehicles from Queens Birthday
> weekend to Cup Weekend" and are proving difficult to describe in OSM tag
> format without having to upload new dates each year.

I've been mapping Surf Life Saving clubs with:

opening_hours=Sep-Apr Sa-Su 08:00-17:00, which seems to work?

Would just opening_hours=May-Nov work?

I know a lot of the roads in Cape York Peninsula are only open during the
"dry" season, but not sue how they're tagged, if they are at all?

Thanks

Graeme