Thanks Graeme, I'll just tweak your brackets a little to be a valid tag:

vehicle:conditional=no @ (Dec-Apr "Road is generally impassable during the
wet season - seek local knowledge")

My only feedback would be an explicit conditional=*no* should only be used
if there's signage or other evidence to support no general public access
for those months each year.

If there's consensus seasonal roads should be tagged as such, I'm happy to
write something up in the Australian tagging guidelines.