Well, it was showing for me too like in the screenshot when I looked at it at
first.

But as I said, a Ctrl+F5 fixed that.

(Lisa, the technical explanation below isn’t really important to you)

Now, in this case, because I never looked at that area before, it can’t have
been my local cache in the browser that was the problem.

Ctrl+F5 (instead of just F5) doesn’t just invalidate the cache in the local
browser, it afterwards sends the requests to reload the data with a “do not
cache” flag set in the HTTP header, this will in turn force the CDN to not just
take the tile out of it’s cache but to go back to the actual render server to
request an updated image.

This is exactly why I keep telling people to use Ctrl+F5 (instead of e.g.
simply turning off caching in their browser, which wouldn’t cause the “do not
cache” flag on requests to the CDN.

Also, in this case a single Ctrl+F5 directly loaded the updated tile, but
sometimes you have to do it multiple times. The reason why it updated directly
this time is because the render server already had the new tile rendered, so
could hand it out directly. But if the render server gets a request for a tile
that’s “dirty” (needs to be re-rendered) it will still return the dirty tile,
but will either queue up the rendering of it or possibly push it up the queue
if it already is queued for rendering. In that case it takes at least one
additional request after the tile has been rendered to update the tile in the
browser.